I bought this sweater at Community Aid for $1.50. Originally it had a weird billowy shape in the chest and then cinched at the waist. See the before. So I took it in on the sides and left the waist the same width.
I then made about 40 of these yoyos. See the tutorial below. And sewed them to the front in a random way. I originally saw Nienie wearing a yoyo necklace with a similar colored sweater.I wanted to try and recreate that look but instead of doing a necklace I simply attached the embellishments to the sweater.
If you look closely you'll see that Molly's wearing a yoyo top too! It's a blouse that Lily wore way back when. They are made out of vintage curtains that Brian's sister used as a child.
Oh and BTW Day 9's tutorial is now up if you are interested.
1. Cut a circle. Make your circle twice the diameter you want your yoyo to be.
2. Thread a needle and make a knot at one end.
3. Sew in and out the enter way around the circle.
4. Start to cinch the circumference together.
5. Push it out and down to get the flower shape.
6. Take your needle and sew it into the middle securing any loose gathers.
7. Tie a knot in the back.
8. Done with that.
9. Pin them on your sweater where you want them to be.
10. Sew them on. You only need to sew the middle of each yoyo.