Thrift Store Thursday (click on photos)

July 31, 2006

Disclaimer: These are NOT refashions.These are simple things that YOU can do to thrift store finds to make them look good.






4 {comments}:

katie jean said... Best Blogger Tips

I love these thrifty finds and refashions. I need to start looking for thrift clothes for me, not just my kids :)

Dorian said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm about to sound totally idiotic but I honestly don't know.... what's the difference between a a refashion and what you've done with the above frocks? I thought whenever you redid something it was called a refashion? I am fairly confused :(

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@Dorian
I guess when I first decided to do thrift store thursday I wanted to illustrate that you can buy thrift store clothes and simply make a few stitches here and there to have a flattering garment. I didn't want people to think I was remaking clothes (like I had in the past)because in the beginning I wasn't doing very much too them.

I guess over time some of them have been more made over than others. Like the sock monkey costume. But I still try to keep it simple. Usually just a few cuts and resews.

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great idea! I am very thrifty as I have 4 kids under 6 and a very small budget so I really love this! I just started following. My crafty blog is www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com love you to stop by sometime! Do you ever guest blog? I would love to have you! Thanks Kristy

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...