Boardwalk Blue Stripe Frock

May 19, 2008

This dress reminded me of a photo you might see in the 1930s of young girl eating a sno-cone at Coney Island or standing barefoot on the sand at the seashore. Navy and white make such a crisp combination reminicent of sailing, beaches and all things water. I made this dress with a full circled skirt so lily can really whip it around when she twirls. She wore it to a graduation party and entertained herself by spinning and spinning until falling over. My favorite touch were the short sleeved button cuffs. I really struggled with a couple ideas for the sleeves but I think these were the perfect choice.

16 {comments}:

The DO said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, seriously, stop it! This is too cute!! Your dresses just keep getting better and better...

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for the link to the organize mag. I love your dresses! They are so beautiful. I read your bio and I am also crazy for David Sedaris. I often listen to him reading his material on u-tube while knitting. Do you know Sloane Tanen and her chick books? They are also a favorite.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

This dress is amazing!!!!! I love classic-style dresses on little girls! You are very talented.

Rachael said... Best Blogger Tips

What a gorgeous dress! You are very talented and certainly know how to use your machine! Thank you very much for vising and commenting on my blog.

Rubyellen said... Best Blogger Tips

oh my! This dress is absolutely stunning!!! I want one!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

What a lovely dress on a sweet girl! I seriously have to find time to make my little Lilly more dresses and clothes becuase they always look so pretty on her and she adores them. Your little one is obviously super happy about her twirly frock!

~Emily

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

This dress is so classic and perfect. Great work!

Bird Bath said... Best Blogger Tips

Superb...and we all know the twirling radius is a very important factor to consider when sewing a little girl's dress.

david santos said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice... my friend, very nice...
good luck

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

WOW! Utterly adorable is all I can say.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh My goodness- how beautiful!

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips

this dress is gorgeous.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Seriously, if I ever have a little girl, I am paying you to make this for me!! AMAZing!

joscelyne cutchens said... Best Blogger Tips

OH my goodness this dress is lovely!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, that is gorgeous! Classic simplicity! I love it!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

You need to draft the patterns. My daughter needs this dress.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...