gallery opening shift

May 23, 2008

I saw an Issac Mizrahi dress that inspired me. This was the result. I thought it looked like something one might wear to a gallery opening- hence the name. It bears a boatneck top, three quarter ruffled sleeves and a shift fit. I paired it with black ballet flats and more impresive- a red balloon. She's so mod.

















10 {comments}:

lera said... Best Blogger Tips

All of your creations are just beautiful. I totally love the Swiss Miss outfit and the pompom socks. They rock.

Kari said... Best Blogger Tips

I just stumbled upon your blog. I love all the little dresses you've made.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I am just gaga over this dress! Wonderful!!!
~Emily

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Your dresses are exquisite!
I'm glad you liked Tanen. My friend SS bought me her first book about a year ago. Now I give them as gifts all the time. She has even infiltrated my creative life. I make up stories about the little animals I make all the time. I particularly enjoy the one on motherhood.- David Sedaris note: One of my friends from college was one of his first editors. He is still friends with David and Amy. I've never gotten a chance to meet him. So close, so close and yet so far.(sorry this is so long)-Amy

Bird Bath said... Best Blogger Tips

very hip! it looks formal but comfortable ...another great creation

Amanda Jean said... Best Blogger Tips

wow! I want one in my size! :)

Leslie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am dying over this dress! I need one for my little girl. Did you also do the artwork? I'm loving that too.

Rebecca Ramsey said... Best Blogger Tips

I would wear this dress myself! I love the fabric too!
Becky

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm drooling over this one. You need to find a showroom to represent you, get some seamstresses on board, and take over the kids clothing universe.

melissa said... Best Blogger Tips

You are so prolific and everything you make is so beautiful!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...