The Reversible Teacup Shift Dress

May 8, 2008

I saw this blue and rose material and fell in love with it. To some, it might seem dowdy but there is a certain class to some dowdy patterns. Sort of like the beauty you see in an antique teacup which is what this material reminded me of. I handmade the fabric buttons myself which adds a sweet touch. It is of course, reversible with a yellow polka dotted flip side. I would have given the other side a name too but I thought "The Reversible Teacup Dotted Swiss Sunshine Shift Dress" might trip over the tongue.








8 {comments}:

kate said... Best Blogger Tips

That is adorable!! Did you use a pattern, or just wing it?

I can't even wrap my brain around "reversable"....that would mean it has to be, um, perfect inside too?? wow.

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

hehe thanks. I looked all over for a simple shift dress pattern with elastic but couldn't find anything just right so I did wing it. Mistakes were made but I'd say for the most part they were correctable:) But yes, the reversible part sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out, especially if you make a mistake. Everything must be sewn in a specific order for it to work.

The DO said... Best Blogger Tips

Everything you make is just so darned cute! You're starting to irritate me:)- But only 'cause I wanna be that good!

Julie Livermore said... Best Blogger Tips

So adorable! I have two boys and can't sew (trying to learn), but if I had girls I would totally make them this dress!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

i just stumbled upon your site and i think that this dress is absolutely beautiful...picturing my two girls in this dress makes me smile..i don't know if that's weird, but it really does. beautiful!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I think the whole look is just adorable. And you choose fabrics that are, in my opinion, just perfect. You really let the little girl shine through. So happy to find your blog!! (from sewmamasew flickr group)

Teresa @ good-grace said... Best Blogger Tips

gorgeous details. I just love your blog. (Your sewing skills are exceptional!!) :)

Sherry said... Best Blogger Tips

You have the best models I have ever seen!! Your girls are so cute! I can tell you are having fun making the dresses for your girls. I love the little polka dot outfit for your little ones birthday! I'm definitely going to put you on my favorites just so I can marvel at your little dresses! (I'm not a weirdo, really! There just so darn cute they make me smile!)

Sherry

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...