Why are blanket forts so universally fun? Certainly somewhere in your stash of old photos there's one of you inside a blanket fort with your sibling. But have you seen one like this?
So if you have some free time today and haven't made a blanket fort with your kids, crack out the camera, tear the blankets off the bed, throw the pillows on the floor and enter into that rite of passage we all eventually get to enjoy. And check out this NY Times article about lessons in the art of blanket fort construction.
1. Add a box fan.
2. Add a Movie Screen.
3. Make it colorful
4. Make it glow.
5. Do it outdoors.
6. Sometimes simple can be beautiful as well.
7. One rope equals instant blanket fort.
8. Tight, taught and airy.
9. With passages and standing room.
10. If you print a house design on a blanket you can have an instant fort anytime. This might be a cool trick to try with the new Ink Effects I just posted about last week.
11. One to grow one. FLUFFYTOWN!