Shoe Sugar Month: Day 8 Suede Party Bows

January 12, 2011

A whole bunch of little bows look just right for a party.
Would look cute paired with this dress.
 If you did solid color bows and matching colored shoes it would look pretty interesting too. I ran out of suede cord so as you might be able to tell I had to photoshop some extra bows in there. But you get the idea.


1. Cut a piece of felt or other heavier material use a color that matches your shoe. (I cut one in yellow so you could easily see what shape it needed to be.)
2. Cut about 4" of suede cord per bow. Make about 20 bows per shoe.
3. Glue on bows in a long row starting at the tip and moving across to the other tip.
4. Trim any piece of material underneath that is showing.
 5. Okay, SO I didn't have alligator clips but I didn't think they would work well for this anyway since you have to use three. So I used small metal hair clips and guess what? They worked!
6. Glue them to ends and middle as shown.


Done.

10 {comments}:

Modavesaire said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh its so beautiful:)))

monica lee said... Best Blogger Tips

I am enjoying all these shoes! i can't wait until Spring to think of which one I might try! Until then...snowboots:(

GAZınTAKIntıları said... Best Blogger Tips

that is a perfect idea.like it very much

Sarah Jordan said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the shoes in the snow...so adorable!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Those would have been my dream shoes in kindergarten. :) Super cute!

Renee said... Best Blogger Tips

okay, this is my favorite so far

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Do they stay on the shoes with those small clips or will they come off when you're walking?

CarrieCae said... Best Blogger Tips

I would never have detected the photoshopping. Don't tell people, they will never know!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love these!

Jennifer V said... Best Blogger Tips

I just found your blog and...

heaven!

Thanks for all the inspiration. I am now trying to restrain myself from ditching my children, skipping dinner and heading to the local thrift shop to get some goodies to redo!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...