Embellish Knit Month: Day 27

December 15, 2010

Can you believe Embellish Your Knits Month is nearly over?! Only THREE MORE DAYS! Phew. I have a lot of other projects I've left on the backburner so part of me is glad that I'll be done but part of me is going to really miss all these great new cardigans for so little $$$$.
For this knit I took a long sleeved tee shirt for $1. See the before. And turned it into a cardigan. I then bought a couple 50 cent tee shirts at the Salvation Army and cut them up to make the embellishments.
I got the idea from this tutorial on Blue Cricket Design. And making the flowers were SOOO EASY!! I did it all white watching How I Met Your Mother last night.
 
1. First I turned the long sleeved tee into a cardigan. See this tutorial for a reference on how to do that.

Then I took the 50 cent tees I bought at the Salvation Army and folded them into 5" wide strips and cut these shapes out of the strips so that I cut four at once.
2. I then took the shapes and gathered them down the center with a gathering stitch on my sewing machine.
3. For some of them I sewed two together and them separated them for a fuller look.
4. I then pinned them to the front of the cardigan where I wanted them to go and sewed them on with my sewing machine.

Done!

19 {comments}:

banclothing said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, this by far is my favorite sweater although there are still 3 more days... Love the colour with the accents.

Swati - The girl who loves colorful clothing said... Best Blogger Tips

my fav of the challenge too

The Girl Who Loves Colorful Clothes

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice! That looks really quick and easy. I bet you could reuse/repurpose old, holey T-shirts if you feel guilty about throwing them out. :)

Gentry said... Best Blogger Tips

For some reason I couldn't click on anything to find the tutorial to make the cardigan?

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said... Best Blogger Tips

what a lovely idea, a fast and easy way to repurpose an old blouse, shirt or sweater! thanks for the inspiration!

sally said... Best Blogger Tips

it looks like tissue paper...

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE IT! *o*

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

And I can't click anything on the tutorial to make the cardigan either!

Modavesaire said... Best Blogger Tips

ooo.. its so cutee:))

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Seriously, how did you become such a genious??!!! I just discovered your site recently, and now love checking in to see what you are up to. Such a great idea!

-Katie
www.covetcollective.blogspot.com

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't see. Did you do buttonholes for all of those or just buttons.

Ruby Murray said... Best Blogger Tips

say it's not so, I literally squeal with delight everytime I see one of your new (to you!) creations. Can't wait to see what's next :)

Candy said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVELY. You're amazing!!!

Susan said... Best Blogger Tips

Really nice idea but I also agree with Sally, the one at the bottom and next to the belt is too much. Those two really look like tissues.

HipDroppedStitches said... Best Blogger Tips

This is my favorite so far! Beautiful!

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips

I've loved every single "sweater renew" you've done, but this one? oh my. I NEED it!!

Lynsie said... Best Blogger Tips

Fabulous! I am going to attempt to recreate for a toddler :) Thanks!! I love that the flowers are so easy.

Heidi said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome. Genius, as usual. But . . . the link to the tutorial is missing (and this is the part I need most help with)!

I do not know how you find the time . . . I love your posts!

Leah Franqui said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh lord cute. Also, when the frock by Friday returns, can we do a wintery dress? Something with long sleeves, maybe in wool? It would be great to have a tutorial that included a lining.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...