Embellish Knit Month: Day 26

December 13, 2010

I saw this cute skirt on WWEPW and thought, hey, that would also be a cute look for a cardigan.
It's getting too cold to take pictures outside, especially without a jacket. With the windchill it was only 16 degrees. 

The ruffle was taken from the original sweater (see the before) and now serves as a sort of peplum. The white sweater belt is sewn into the cardigan at the waist.
If I had one thing to change it would be the length of the ruffle peplum. Since I used the original ruffle I couldn't play around with the length but as you can see in the WWEPW version it is shorter in the front than at the sides. That's how I would have wanted to do it.
1. First I seam ripped out the ruffle.
2. When I removed the ruffle it also took the hem of the sweater that covered the raw edges off. So I sewed that back on.
3. I took the ruffle and made it more gathered then sewed it to the hip of the sweater, right sides together so that the ruffle would hang over the seam used to sew it to the sweater.
4. To make the bow I sewed a 4" of scrap white sweater into a tube and sewed the ends shut.
5. I then sewed another longer tube the length of the waist and sewed it to the sweater at the waistline.
6. I cinched the 4" piece of sweater with another 1" wide piece of sweater and sewed it so that the 4" piece cinched in the center.
7. And hand sewed it to the sweater.


Done.


11 {comments}:

Swati - The girl who loves colorful clothing said... Best Blogger Tips

loved the sweater .. it's so unique and cool and off course yellow is my fav color
The Girl Who Loves Colorful Clothes

Erica! said... Best Blogger Tips

Umm yes I love this! Bravo!

lunefantasy said... Best Blogger Tips

I love it, "jolie couleur moutarde", it's very cute

happyfamily said... Best Blogger Tips

I like this, and I think I would like it more if it ended at the ruffle. I think that there are too many focul points- belt, ruffle, end of sweater. The idea is adorable, and I would never have thought of turning the skirt idea into a sweater. You are just soooo creative!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE this. I'm going to be so sad when Embellish Knit month is over! What am I going to do??? :)

RoseMillsOhio said... Best Blogger Tips

What a terrific re-imagining of this sweater---you've made it so much better!

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

So cute! I love your hair too!

miss z said... Best Blogger Tips

I check my blog dashboard every few hours to see what new creations you have whipped up! I love this sweater! My very favourite.

MushyWear said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, I am just amazed at all the sweater transformations you have done so far. This one is really cute too.

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice. I really like the color of the sweater.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Much better!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...