The Grey Gosling Smock (seen with Dandelion Seed Blouse)

June 4, 2008

This is the FIRST dress I've ever made for Molly. Brian began to lament her lack of handmade apparel. I suppose dresses are more fun to make for an older child. They can run around, pose and play in a dress. Photographing Molly was quite challenging. I had to choose from one of two poses.....sitting or sleeping. I also wanted her to hold some baby geese but was afraid she'd catch some sort of bird bacteria so this was my compromise.




I modeled this after a cute frock I saw on Emma and Avery. This grey and white smock-fit dress reminded me of the goose down I'd see in a pillow or blanket so I thought 'grey gosling' was most befitting. The soft translucent properties of the blouse reminded me of seeds on the head of a matured dandelion. I had the opportunity to make this a reversible dress in white eyelet but after my last experience I chickened out. It can be done....probably rather easily. Maybe I'll make another one in a different color down the road.








11 {comments}:

Shelly said... Best Blogger Tips

I got linked to your bog from another great one...Wow! I love the clothes you have created, the fabrics, everything...thanks for the inspiration. I will be back often!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

So cute! I love the little blouse.

Jade said... Best Blogger Tips

So beautiful! I love the fabrics and the colours you used, as well as the pattern. And your little one is adorable.

Natalie said... Best Blogger Tips

She is a doll! Adorable dress and top!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE the blouse. I found your blog from a comment you left on my blog. Actually it was my FIRST comment from someone I don't know ... well besides spam comments. I love your dresses. I have been wanting to attempt little clothes.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I look forward to the names of the dresses almost as much as dresses themselves! This one is too cute. I love the subtle colors, so classy. BTW, just got the new David Sedaris. I almost wish I would have waited to get him reading it. So funny!

nicole hill gerulat said... Best Blogger Tips

ah-mazing dress and shirt! your own pattern?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That outfit is adorable! Great work!

Kim said... Best Blogger Tips

Seriously, this is too cute! I love the smocking. I found your blog via A Little Sussy and I'm so glad I did. Your creations are adorable. I have just recently started to try to sew clothing. I made a shirt and a dress and I must say it is addictive! I will definately be checking in more often. Also, your profile description sounds very familiar to me. Funny how blogging makes the world so much smaller.

Holly said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh CRUD!!!! Ok, now I seriously have to get off this computer and go sew something. I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!!!!

Cassie said... Best Blogger Tips

simply adorable. i love it.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...