the reversible july dress

April 28, 2008

Believe it or not this is the first piece of clothing I've made for lily or molly. In the past, the price of their clothes was negligible but now that lily is getting older, the price is noticeable. It's not that I can't afford to buy her new clothes, just not the kind of new clothes I love (i.e. gymboree dresses). This was the result of my frustration. I used a pattern to cut the fabric but improvised when sewing the pieces together and made a REVERSIBLE DRESS. Soo cooler than anything I could have bought at Gymboree, not to mention, cheaper. Add all the bragging rights I get when friends ask where I bought such an adorable outfit. Lily's such a lucky girl. Today, Brian played hooky and we visited the local IMAX theatre. All the women turned their heads and smiled with pleasure as Lily walked by. I plan on making a couple more simpler, reversible dresses. Wouldn't you buy it?



6 {comments}:

The DO said... Best Blogger Tips

That is the cutest dress! I love the fabrics and the rickrack! Ah, just too sweet:)

FlippyTWS said... Best Blogger Tips

Your dress turned out so cute! I just love it. Where did you get the pattern from, or did you design it yourself? If it's a published pattern, I'd love to try making one for my little girl.

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips

What a cute dress!! I would buy it...is this a pattern? or a design of your own?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

wow! so fabulous! will you do a how-to? i imagine it's not unlike making 2 identical dresses... the trick would be in joining them. beautiful work!

Colburns said... Best Blogger Tips

I saw your blog from a friend and love your work can you email me some prices? bc.colburn@cox.net

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi there!

I fell in love with your work!!
Congatulation, it's amazing!!!
I'm starting to play with the needle and fabrics too, and I was wondering, do you sell or share your models? (I'm not sure of the proper word for this, but I mean the paper with the drawing of the shapes to cut in the fabric...)
Kisse from Brazil!
Thalita
(thalitadol@gmail.com)

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...