January Wreath: Pearl Sprays and Twine

January 30, 2013

Just finished my post-Christmas wreath ALSO used with an old pool noodle! You really have to stock up on those when summer comes! They always measure a larger circumference than any of the standard wreath forms in the store. I cut the ends of the noodle into opposite slants so that they fit together nicely. To cut the ends I used a mini hacksaw. Then I simply bent the noodle into a circle and secured the ends together with duct tape and a few pin needles.
For this wreath I wrapped the noodle form in jute twine (which takes FOREVER) then wrapped some wood numbers which I found at Michael's in navy yarn (which ALSO took forever). But once that was all said and done the rest was just hot gluing on the leaves, pearl sprays and balls.

I bought smooth Styrofoam balls and sprayed them off white, I also used a few 1.5" mirrored balls from Christmas and glued them in various places. The white leaves I tore off of some Christmas paper poinsettias in the clearance bin for only 40¢ a piece. In all, this wreath cost me about $20 in materials. Not too bad.



4 {comments}:

Amber Bockman said... Best Blogger Tips

That's beautiful! I was looking for a way to do our house numbers!

Diane said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't believe that's an old pool noodle! Beautiful!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I love it Kathleen! Beautiful!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

this is beautiful

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...