Slip Extender DIY (So Cute You Won't Believe Your Eyes)

November 1, 2012

I've made some of these for a lot of my Forever 21 dresses. It's a slip that looks like it's part of your dress/skirt. If you're not into sewing you can buy slips like the ones below at A Slip Shop. LOVE HER STUFF! 
 
If you ARE into sewing making one of these is easier than ever. I'll tell you a little secret.....Ready? I make mine semi-homemade. I buy a slip at the thrift store for about $1 or $2 (less than the cost of fabric and elastic) then I cut off the bottom two inches shorter than my dress. Then I sew on the fabric that will stick out from below the dress. Doing it this way makes sewing these so much faster and easier. One thing I DO recommend: try to make the bottom of the slip as wide as the bottom of your dress/skirt. Sometimes if you don't the result looks awkward. And vice versa.





Source: etsy.com via Jess on Pinterest

5 {comments}:

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea! Love them!

Sheila said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome... Thanks for sharing.

Sew Hopefull said... Best Blogger Tips

What an absolutely awesome idea. I love it so much and such a great way to salvage those 'just a bit too short' projects. I'm off to buy me some trim....

A.Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this idea! So cute! Can't wait to try it.

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Devorah Daniella Yeroshalmi said... Best Blogger Tips

can u explain in more detail how to make it? specifically the first one under the mustard skirt. Thanks!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...