DIY Ribbon Shoelaces: Yawn to Va-Va-Va Voom

October 8, 2012

A pair of oxfords are ADORABLE with a pair of ribbon shoelaces instead of ordinary ones. Go from yawn to VA-VA-VA-VOOM! What's also interesting is that whenever I've seen oxfords with ribbon shoelaces they tend to be more expensive than their rope lace cousins.  A ribbon shoe lace is just the most inexpensive and easiest thing to make!

Have a ton of ribbons to match any outfit imaginable! I made plaid ones to match a plaid dress I just bought from Modcloth and I got so many compliments on them! Get the how-to below!

Here's how! This is the best way I've found to make ribbon laces. I've tried using scotch tape to wrap the ends but it didn't work very well. Whenever I tried to remove the laces the scotch tape would pull right off. Here's the most inexpensive and most functioning way I've found to do it.

Step one get ribbon. I bought a yard and a half of ribbon for each pair of shoes and cut the ribbon in half. Then cut the ends into points.
Step 2.  Hot glue the sides.
Step 3. Fold in half.

Step 4: Trim edge so that it is clean.
Done!

7 {comments}:

Kellie said... Best Blogger Tips

super cute!! love the blue and green especially.

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been successful at using heat-shrink tubing at the ends, too!

sadf said... Best Blogger Tips

Great way to freshen up a pair of shoes!

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@BratlingI heard they work well too! I was just too lazy to go down to the hardware store;P

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Green and plaid are my favs :)

Vintage Babe said... Best Blogger Tips

love the green velvet ribbon laces - what a great idea! very clever and great post to show everyone how to do it too!

Ivy Clad said... Best Blogger Tips

How cute! Thanks for the how-to! My daughter has black Converse sneakers & I'm thinking a set of these would be a great stocking stuffer gift for her to put with them.

Keri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...