"Twas the Night" FREE Dress Pattern PDF

January 3, 2012

Well, I'm finally finished. Here is the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Dress Pattern I've been promising! This is a FREE ungraded pattern. Therefore, keep in mind that it is untested, except by me. If you find an error in the instructions or pattern please let me know and I will happily correct it.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST ADD SEAM ALLOWANCES TO PATTERN!!!!!!! 
Note: This bodice was fitted for my daughter who has a very small waist for her age. You might want to take it out an inch or two depending on your child. If you do take it out on the bodice add an equal amount to the side seams for the front and back (ie: 2": add 1/2" to each front and back side seam), also remember to add the same amount to the waistband and double that measurement for the skirt (that goes for the lining as well).
Download the pattern and instructions here.
Lily's measurements are: waist: 20"; shoulder circumference: 27"; height: 50". She is 7 years old but wears a 6. If your child is larger or small adjust waist, shoulders and length accordingly.
The pattern comes with instructions. To assemble pattern follow instructions in PDF. Just be sure that the test square measures 4"x4" before you start to cut your material.

This dress has a ballet neckline and shoulder sleeves. Deep back and fitted bodice. The skirt is knee length, fully lined and flared with an optional tulle insert.
I hope to be offering some adult sized patterns as soon as I get closer to my pre-baby size. I'm so excited for this baby to get here. The date is set for next Thursday. 7am! I'll be bringing my camera and computer so hopefully I'll have some baby pics to share. Wish us luck;)

30 {comments}:

Ash said... Best Blogger Tips

Darling dress!!! Congratulations and I wish you an easy labor!!! Can't wait to see baby pics :)

Jo said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such an adorable dress!!!

Bless by Tone said... Best Blogger Tips

Wishing you the best with the arrival of the baby - and thank you so much for the beautiful pattern!

Melissa said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you... this dress is just what I am looking for! And best wishes on the birth of you little one! ((good labor vibes))

HipDroppedStitches said... Best Blogger Tips

This dress is simply darling (as is your little one!)!!!

Good luck next week!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

This dress is fabulous! Thanks for sharing the instructions. Good luck with your labor and delivery next week. Can't wait for you to post pictures of your newest addition!

Leigh Anne said... Best Blogger Tips

What a beautiful dress! And excited for your new addition! Looking forward to pics ;)

Jessica Peck said... Best Blogger Tips

the dress is beautiful. she's growing up to look so much like you! :) best wishes with the new baby coming!

BeccaA said... Best Blogger Tips

What a gorgeous dress on your lovely daughter! I hope everything goes smoothly next Thursday with the delivery. Congratulations on your pattern!

April said... Best Blogger Tips

gorgeous!

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a gorgeous dress!! Good luck with your labor and delivery! :)

Kaatje1010 said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally LOVE this dress!!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said... Best Blogger Tips

How cute..Love the sweet model & the smart dress both :)
~ Have a good day ~

Sophie said... Best Blogger Tips

This is absolutely stunning, Kathleen! Thanks for sharing the pattern and instructions, now I only need my 3 month old to grow.

Lezah said... Best Blogger Tips

the dress was elegant and very fashionable .. the girl was a good model too.
childrens clothing

Holly said... Best Blogger Tips

I just found your blog - this dress is lovely! You and your daughter are beautiful, and thank you for sharing such delightful (and useful!) info and pics!

jimena said... Best Blogger Tips

May your delivery be trouble free. Hope to hear from you about the outcome. This is a nice pattern too bad my daughter is 14!

Pang said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for this pattern. Can't wait to see pics of your new baby!

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the dress!! Thanks for the pattern. I am looking forward to trying it out :)

Natalie said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing this pattern - with a little taking in I'm sure my size 4 little miss will love it!

Melissa said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just made a version of this dress for my daughter's first communion. I am very pleased with the results, too. I can't thank you enought for making this pattern available.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I like it... I ever learned how to sewing long time ago, I don't know why I'm interest to sew again. And this dress really lovely, want to add big bow tie... ^_^

Stephanie Thorp said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi. I would like to have my mom make this dress for my daughters for Christmas this year. Would you mind telling me which fabrics you used for the bodice and skirt. Thank you!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Dear madam,
Ik know I am much to late for download this pattern but it is soooo beautifull. Is there any chance to become this free pattern ?
Kind regards
Marie
Belium/Europe

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@Marie DANNEELSYou can download the pattern here:
http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/twas-the-night-frock-free-pattern

Let me know if you need anymore help:-)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kathleen (great name!)
I am confused about the seam allowances. The burda download says that the pattern contains seam allowances but your pattern instructions say to add them?

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Kathleen - I'm also confused by the seam allowance issue. Your blog post says to add a seam allowance but then says that your dress pattern is based on your daughters specific measurements. If I'm making a dress also with these measurements do I need to add a seam allowance still? Or is the pattern released with a seam allowance based on those measurements??

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@Barbara LangstaffYou must add seam allowance to the pattern.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

hi, this is such an adorable dress. is the sleeve raglan? or at least one type of raglan? im looking to make the same sleeve on this dress but closer to the neck like..i mean, the bodice and the sleeve closer to the neck line. im running into all sorts of problems and i cant find a pattern that i want. do you have any sugestions? thank you much

Shaindel P said... Best Blogger Tips

I adapted the dress for my girls for Purim and they came out adorable!

Here's a link to the pictures: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=399680880399932&id=100010740704733

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...