Happy Birthday My Non-Six-Year-Old

July 20, 2011

Well, I decided to do it too, for Lily. 
Today is her 7th birthday.
And she woke up to this.
 30+ balloons above her head to celebrate the day she was born.
Then Molly and Eloise joined in.
I had to go to NYC yesterday which I'll discuss later but my mother spent the night to babysit so Lily had to sleep in my bed.
I wanted to blow up 40 more to scatter around the floor and over the bed but I bought decorative balloons instead of the larger ones by accident and they proved too difficult to tie.
But that would have been cool.
 All I did was buy a $20 helium tank kit at Walmart.
 And blew them up early in the morning.
 Awwww. Eloise.
We told Lily yesterday that it was the last time she'd ever be six.
Which ended up making me more sad than her;)
Happy Birthday my big seven year-old.

23 {comments}:

Meg said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw ~ Happy Seven Years Momma!!! :) This post made me tear up a bit ~ great idea!!! We will DEFINITELY be doing this in September when my girls turn 4. {WOW. Did I just write that? FOUR?!?!?!}

stephchows said... Best Blogger Tips

Fabulous! What a dun surprise for her, and beautiful pictures!

Rebekah said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet idea. My daughter would love this, too.

The Mother Huddle said... Best Blogger Tips

I saw this idea too, and loved it. Can't wait to do it! You're babies are beautiful :)

Lindsey said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE this idea :) She looks very happy. Happy Birthday big girl!!

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips

What a fun idea! I love it. And I looooove all of the windows in your bedroom, just beautiful!

The Extra Ordinary Bree said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww my oldest turns 7 in a couple of months. Happy mommiversary to you... Those are always big tear jerkers for me!

Pang said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww, happy birthday to your "baby." That's such an incredible idea about having the birthday girl wake up to balloons over her bed.

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy birthday Lily! Love the pictures through the balloons.

Amy M. said... Best Blogger Tips

It's amazing how something so simple can be so beautiful! It's hard seeing our little ones grow up, isn't it?

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Bleinch said... Best Blogger Tips

That's lovely!
And I love your blog!!

Pretty Ditty said... Best Blogger Tips

Very sweet and happy!

A tradition in our home is a birthday fairy. She visits the night before the kids birthday and decorates their room with balloons and streamers while they are sleeping. They love it! I joke with my husband that when they are older I will sneak into their house or dorm room and decorate it on their birthday.

Happy Birthday to your little one!

marcy harriell | oonaballoona said... Best Blogger Tips

so, we have no chilluns, but i showed this to my husband. he said it was pretty awesome.

(he reads football blogs.)

happy birthday lily!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

It is my youngest son's birthday today -- he is also 7! Happy birthday to him and to Lily! Wish I would have thought of filling his room with balloons.

{jen} iCandyhandmade said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this. I wish I had thought of it when my little girl turned 5 a couple of months ago. But there is always next year! What a fun way for them to wake up!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!! All the pictures are beautiful, but my favorite one is the one of Lily looking through the balloon...to cute!

The Freckled Fawn said... Best Blogger Tips

whooie....my mama's heart hurts a little for you. But happy seven years to her...and..well...almost eight to you:P
we mustn't discount the tummy time:P

LakshmiRP said... Best Blogger Tips

Belated Birthday wishes to your little princess

HelenClyde said... Best Blogger Tips

This is so great! I´m so stealing this idea for my Ronja´s 8th birthday!

Ash Nichols said... Best Blogger Tips

What beautiful kids!

~ The Tuckerbag ~

BluBabesCreate said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday! I actually saw this balloon idea on your blog earlier. I'm glad to see it worked out and I'm going to use it with my daughter Adele. My mom was just in New York too visiting some friends. I hallucinated that she was bringing me back Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Chanel back for me from their closets. Oh the let down. More details to come.

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips

This is so cute, but if you think that turning 7 is hard, wait until you're staring 10 in the face and you realize she's never going to have a single-digit birthday again! My oldest will be 11 next month and last year's turning 10 was rough.

Sophie Miriam said... Best Blogger Tips

Lovely! For my boyfriend's birthday, we blew up nearly 300 balloons and filled his dorm room with them, but I wish we had thought to use helium.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...