This Day's Threads

March 28, 2011

See the Retailoring your Pants tutorial tomorrow!

I modeled this after Emersonmade's 1960s Jacket and bluebell pants.
And first off I want to say that I "El-Oh-Vee-Eee" love love LOVE Emersonmade. If I had enough money I'd buy her stuff in a heartbeat and if you have the means I'd go to her site and start shopping. For me, maybe someday. In the meantime I'll have to content myself with sifting through the thrift store racks.
Jacket: retailored vintage
Pants: retailored vintage
Blouse: retailored vintage
Belt: vintage
Shoes (not seen): but also....vintage


I found the tweed jacket at the thrift store and 'WHAT A FIND' it was. Exactly what I was looking for- small, cropped and tweed. As I spotted it from afar a woman was lingering in front of the rack for what seemed like forever. "MOOOVE!!" was all I could keep thinking. Move, move, move. Finally I just squeezed my way in front, grabbed it quickly then retreated. Score!

I also just bought a new flat iron to curl my hair and I love the results I'm getting (fuller and last longer). Although it's a bit tricky and I think if I had a better flat iron it would be a lot easier.

25 {comments}:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said... Best Blogger Tips

You are too cute my friend!

Brenbren said... Best Blogger Tips

You are so photogenic. Were you a model in a former life? I think I probably wasn't;)

kimmie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh I can't wait for the tutorial! You look amazing as usual, Kathleen! :)

kenda said... Best Blogger Tips

those pants are to die for. i absolutely love them.

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@BrenbrenHehe thank u Brenda but it's mostly makeup and hair and good lighting.

I think I posted a video tutorial a while back that was more 'true' to what the real me looks like.

And BTW, you are beautiful! I'd kill to have your bright eyes. I bet when you put on mascara and curl those lashes they really POP!

Sunni said... Best Blogger Tips

Totally darling! I love this classic (70's) school girl look! The jeans are such a shape! So cute!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the outfit! It's so very much modern Jane Austen! The hair looks fab-u-lous by the way!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great job on this, I love Emersonmade too and am lucky enough to have a couple of pieces. Looking forward to the tutorial tomorrow. axx

Maya Kuzman said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm, just gorgeous!
Everything! And the scenery is fantastic!
I love your photo shoots!

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooo - can't wait for the tutorial - I LOVE those pants!

Hele said... Best Blogger Tips

wowwwwww, you look great, I really love this outfit, and your new hairdress too,

I´d love to be able to retailor such a great outfit

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips

You're so beautiful!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

You look so pretty. Your hair looks great.

Faby said... Best Blogger Tips

I know I also love Emerson made stuff, but sadly no money to afford the precious blazer, and I also been looking at lots of thrift stores no luck yet :( maybe I get lucky someday and find it. You look pretty the whole outfit very nice.

Ruthie said... Best Blogger Tips

lovely jacket...i need to get out to look for something like this...btw I know exactly what you mean when people are in front of something your eyeing grrrr...w
waiting patiently for the tutorial tomorrow,
Ruthie:)

elizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips

love it love it love it!! can't wait for tutorial!!

barneyn said... Best Blogger Tips

love love it! can you share the brand of the flat iron please! thanks!

nelly dot barney at yahoo dot com

Iveta said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this style! You look so good! WOW!

Mary Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm impressed with this entire outfit. Beyond the pants, how were each retailored?

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I had these jeans in 6th grade. Funny. I like that the Emmerson made jeans are 100% cotton. I need to make myself a pair of jeans.

no said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable!

kim said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't normally do this, but have you been to a cup of jo's blog today? They are giving away $1000 to EmersonMade!

Sheila said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the outfit! I found a similar jacket at goodwill today, but grey. I would Eh Lo Ve EE some tips on retailoring it!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said... Best Blogger Tips

I am head over heels in love with those pants - the are to.die.for!!

Melissa Alexandar said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so glad you posted this link, I had been planning on "altering" some jeans my sister gave me, they are too short for her, but way too long for me. and i like the idea of a slightly tapered look. Anyway Thanks so much. Plus i really like the way your tailored jeans look! I Really like that Large cuff on the bottom!! And your tweed jacket is GOLDEN!! love it! and all your sweet tricks to re-vamping thrift store finds. http://singinsweetbird.blogspot.com/

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...