Shoe Sugar Month

January 3, 2011

I often blithely talk about how "busy" I am and it probably sounds like white noise at this point but the truth is I foolishly overextend myself, as most of us often do.
Some of you new to the blog may be excited to know that I am currently authoring a book with Interweave Press entitled "A Frock by Friday" which will teach beginners how to not only sew but design their own dresses. I'm really quite excited about this! But with all the duties of being a blogger I've found that I've fallen behind with my deadlines and so I'm going to be taking this month slower and focus on my author duties a bit more.

But don't delete me from your blogroll just yet! I will be doing another "themed" month. This month will be......drumroll....shoe clips! I guess you might have figured that out from the top photo. It's like sugar for your shoes, hence the name;) And I'm actually pretty excited about it. There are so many ideas swimming around in my head and organizing themselves into folders on my laptop that I don't think you'll even notice the extra work I'll be doing with the book.
Shoe clips are so FAST and easy which is why I think they will make a great theme for this month! I promise LOTS of bright yummy, pictures with "beaucoup bokeh" and cheap, charming ideas! You won't be sorry. Your shoe rack won't be sorry:)

You can find all the month's clips on my right sidebar under Shoe Sugar Month. And feel free to link to this theme using the button below.

1. Take the top of a Pringles lid and make two circles.
2. Take the bottom of a waterbottle and make another two circles.
 3. Use the lid of the water bottle and make two more circles.
4. Make marks every 1".
5. Cut slits. Do this to all the other circles.
6. Cut out four leaves.
7. Hot glue pieces together then hot glue clip to backing.


Done!

26 {comments}:

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations on the book! I'm looking forward to seeing your shoe ideas. I often find that I want my girls shoes to be more exciting without the cost, so I'm hoping I can use some of your suggestions from them.

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm sure your book is going to be great just like your blog. You're amazing with everything you do. I just started my blog and I wish I could post at least once a week, but it's been hard for me to find the time to do it all. So kudos to you!!

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said... Best Blogger Tips

I might be just a little excited about that book! Congrats!!!

and the shoe clip, what a great idea to spice up an old pair in the closet

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said... Best Blogger Tips

I'd like to know how you attach the clips to your shoes. I've seen loops and velcro on the shoes, but I'd like to know what you do! (Is there a way so you can still wear the shoes plain without a clip if you want?)

Sewing Princess said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea for the theme! Take it easy though... your personal life comes first. I am sure your book will be great

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

Lynette,
I use alligator clips which you can buy at JoAnn's. But some of the commenters in my last post mentioned clips specifically for shoes that you can buy on ebay

Here!

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such an awesome idea! I really enjoyed your embellish knit month. Can't wait to see your pretty shoe clips! xoxo

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you! It sounds like the perfect book for me, a novice sewer with big dreams, but afraid to take on something as daunting as a dress. ;) I'll be first in line to buy it!

pam said... Best Blogger Tips

can't wait to read your book!! so exciting! i'm just beginning to learn how to sew.

Rachel said... Best Blogger Tips

I am looking forward to your book. I really enjoyed you embellish knits month. If there is one thing I love better than cardigans, though, it is shoes. I can't wait to see what shoe clips you come up with.

Amy @ FWD said... Best Blogger Tips

What a neat concept! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm fairly new to your blog, and so far I am impressed with your creativity! Good luck w/ the book!

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

Super excited for the book! All my sewing skills are internet-taught, and I'm pretty certain I missed some crucial basics. Thanks for all you do!

Missy said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait for your book to be done! The coffee date dress tutorial was my first major sewing project, and I've been hooked since.

Sabr said... Best Blogger Tips

perfect! we don't have any alligator clips on hand but tons of clippies and bobby pins so I just may convert these to hair clips instead. good luck with your book!

Lucie said... Best Blogger Tips

I check your blog every stinkin' day just to see what fabulous stuff you have been up to. I absolutely loved your knit posts. So creative and amazingly beautiful and generous of you to share with us, your blogostalkers. I am discovering that refashioning cardis or working with knit is MUCH HARDER. You are so talented. I cannot wait for your book to come out.

baskalatka said... Best Blogger Tips

gratuluje piekne prace ,jestem zachwycona,pozdrawiam

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips

This sounds like so much fun, I will definitely be checking your blog! The first 2 projects are awesome. :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE the shoe clips!

AND I'll def. be buying that book ..... :)

Cheers!
Erin

stefanie@theoriesofamom said... Best Blogger Tips

looking forward to what you come up with for the shoe clips! love this :) and excited about your book!

Gaylene said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kathleen, Happy New Year, and I hope that Eloise is feeling brighter. After listening to me going on and on about Embellished Knits month, and seeing some of my projects, he found refernces to the magazine 'Altered Couture'. Do
you or any of your followers know of it, and is it worth subscribing too?

glcn said... Best Blogger Tips

I would like to see 'convers' projects:) But you use shoe clips. How can it be? I'm wondering your shoe ideas especially black convers which I don't like their colors :)

Sweeter Hours said... Best Blogger Tips

And, I love. Your projects are astounding!
I plan to buy some show clips this month.

Elizabeth of Online Fabric Store said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations on your book! I am sure it will be great.

I just discovered your "shoe sugars." They are delightful. I especially like the chiffon flowers.

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

Gaylene,
I have heard of it but I haven't looked through it yet. I'll have to give it a look see and get back to you.

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

glcn,
I'm not sure what you mean by 'convers'. Could you elaborate for me a little more? Thanks!

Brittany said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh! Exciting! I was just thinking about an hour ago that it would be fun to make some shoe clips. The thought must've been secretly implanted in my brain after looking at your sequin hearts over the weekend, because I couldn't think of where I came up with the idea until I checked your blog just now and remembered. Thanks for all the inspiration!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...