Shoe Sugar Month: Day 10 Camellias

January 14, 2011

You don't have to have much of a crafty thumb to make these. It's pretty straightforward.
These would also look nice if you had a trim that had a contrasting color at the edges.
1. Take your trim and fold over to the left to make a pleat. Hot glue in place.
2. Make more pleats so that a circular shape begins to form.
3. The bigger you flower gets the wider apart your pleats will be.
4. Cut a piece of felt in the shape of a circle and hot glue to back of flower.
5. I used a barrette for the back rather than an alligator clip. It could be more comfortable and you can buy them at JoAnn's. I'll let you know what my verdict is.

10 {comments}:

HipDroppedStitches said... Best Blogger Tips

Again, beautiful! And I might have some trim in my stash that would work nicely...

Blakeandjustinsmommy said... Best Blogger Tips

Those are great!!!
I just finished my refashion today..I am so very proud of them. Check them out if you have time.

http://blakeandjustinsmommy.blogspot.com/

Monica

Elizabeth of Online Fabric Store said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this idea too!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your shoe clips!! I've used clip-on earring backs for a pair of shoe clips and they work great! You can get them at craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or JoAnns. They're good for smaller shoe clips and the back is usually flat and round so it doesn't poke on your foot.

I love all of your shoe clips, you have inspired me!!

Lizzie B. said... Best Blogger Tips

I tried to do some shoe clips of my own and it turned out cute, but not as cute as yours! I only have one pair of plain flats so this is making me want to invest in more.

vmramshur said... Best Blogger Tips

love your site and your endless creative spirit. but think these don't work in white- another color for sure- but they "read " like toilet paper stuck on shoes- but THEY ARE GREAT just another color...

Sweeter Hours said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this inside of those shoes. Did you do that too ?

Ruby Murray said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous, and if you wanted to give them a tinge of colour you could drag the edges through an ink pad or lightly touch a sharpie on them, before you glued them together. It's not like they have to be washable right? and if the colour was to bleed you couild call them Carnations!!

mags said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the look of the shoes and the insoles make it so complete. Can you share tutorial for the insoles??

no said... Best Blogger Tips

I, too, am curious about those insoles using Amy Butler fabric. Were those shoes made for you, or did you do that yourself?

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...