All I did was make the sleeves shorter and removed a pink flower trim down the front.
For the "ruby slippers" I took some black size 3 Mary Jane's I found for $1.50 at the Community Aid store (see below for before) yesterday and bought some red glitter. Now, I didn't buy the traditional dust glitter. I made sure to go to Michael's and bought the large hexagon shaped red glitter that really POPS!I spray painted them with red spray paint and immediately after sprinkled the red glitter all over the shoes. I then sprayed a final clear coat to seal everything in and let it dry overnight.
I loved the way they looked so much that I made a pair for myself. So sparkly!And if you're wondering....yes....they shed. I think this could be remedied by dusting them off rigorously after they dry and respraying them with red glitter spray paint which you can also buy at Michaels (rather than the red paint so you don't make the glitter opaque). Then immediately re-dusting red glitter over the spots that are starting to show. Do it over and over until you don't have any patches showing after you rigorously dust them.