Frock by Friday: Tuesday

August 31, 2010


Step 1. Using the skirt pattern and chalk or disappearing ink, mark where the pleats on the front and back skirt pieces should be.





2. Sew pleats in your fabric. To do this, fold your fabric so that the lines at the top of each rectangle meet each other and sew down the line. Do not sew horizontally. That's just for reference.
3. Iron your pleats flat.

To find out how to attach the pockets and the side seams go here.

6 {comments}:

Ellen said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi! I haven't made the skirt yet, but the reason it was too tight is that you forgot the pockets. If you want to eliminate the pockets, then the front piece needs to not angle in quite so much. That will give you the extra bit that you'll need. These are the kind of pockets that extend out an inch or two. When I do mine later this afternoon, I'll take some pictures and post them to my blog and then send you the link.
~Elle

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

Elle,
Thanks. I didn't realize the skirt piece was contingent upon them. But I totally see what you mean.

So I deleted the sewing the skirt pieces together and will go over the pockets tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Brittany said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi,
I want to make these projects with you. Where is the original post that you talk about what pattern you are using?? Sorry, I'm new!

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

brandenandbritt,
Here is the link for all the alexander dress posts. Look at the last few for the patterns. I put them in a couple posts which is why I can't give you an exact one.

http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/search?label=Alex

zilredloh said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad I made this skirt as a muslin first. Apparently my butt and pleats don't mix well. If anyone on here is curvy, I'd suggest making darts instead.
You can use the same two dots on the top edge of the pattern, and just draw a line down the center of those two dots to get the point for your dart. I ended up making mine 6" long.

Anyone else do any modifications?

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

Liz,
Good idea. I like that.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...