August 30, 2010
1. Download and print the McCalls free pattern here. Sign up for a new account and they will email a link to direct you to where you can print it out. If you are having problems printing from their site go here to install an Adobe Acrobat plugin update. And then restart your computer and try to open the print screen again.
2. Download the burdastyle blouse here. The burdastyle pattern is $4.
3. Print sheets. AT 100%, NO PAGE SCALING! Size charts here. For the McCalls Dress Pattern, only print pages 34-36; 39-41; 44-46; 49-51; and 54-56 so as not to waste paper.
4. Cut the left and bottom extra white space of all the pages. (see left image). To make this go faster, stack one row together and cut all at once. If you have a paper cutter it can go even faster.
5. Tape sheets together and cut out.
6. Lay blouse pattern onto your fabric as shown in picture to left and cut out of fabric (fold on the bottom)
7. Take your two skirt pieces from the MaCalls pattern and lay on your fabric. Lay piece 11 on the fold and piece 14 above piece 11.
DONE for today! Gee, that was easy:) If you have any questions just leave me a comment and I will try to answer them.
And the new FBF button is below. Feel free to link to the Frock by Friday to get more fun people involved! To grab the button just highlight it, copy and paste into a new post or sidebar.