Bridesmaids and Birdcages

June 8, 2010


Last Saturday some friends got together to celebrate our dear friend Abi's engagement. I didn't know if it was the sort of thing you bring a gift for so I decided to either buy some wine or a small keepsake in honor of their announcement.
After brainstorming with Brian for quite some time I decided to email a fellow blogger whom I admire, Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day. She graciously emailed me some ideas (which I might save for later in the wedding process) but as I opened her page after reading the email I saw her latest post- a tutorial for how to make a birdcage veil. I couldn't believe it. I found my gift.
Coincidentally, Abi had discussed making birdcage veils the day before for the bridesmaids and for herself during the reception. I used Jordan's tutorial, which is up on Project Wedding, and made a prototype and brought it to the dinner.
This is how it turned out. I think I will have to pull back the top so that it is not as poofy but other than that it came out pretty lovely.
Almost as lovely as the dinner....

9 {comments}:

Trudy said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks very pretty on her.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Sarah M said... Best Blogger Tips

so beautiful (the veil AND the dinner setting!)
Sarah M

Desiree said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for showing us this! my sister is planning to make one for her wedding, now we have a starting point. :)

Jo said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, what a pretty veil! It suits the bride beautifully.

Susannah @ Art Nest said... Best Blogger Tips

This event looks heavenly! I'm sure the veil will be cherished for many years to come!

C said... Best Blogger Tips

that looks so pretty.

http://bigsizeonasmallbudget.blogspot.com/

Delia said... Best Blogger Tips

I love bird cages. I didn't know that was what they were called though. I love them even more now! YOurs turned out beautifully.

Abi said... Best Blogger Tips

It was a wonderful evening and I am VERY lucky to have such a talented friend. Not only did she bring along a sample birdcage veil, but she also brought an awesome cheese dish and tasty gilletto dessert. I wanted to mention that almost all my tableware was either obtanium (i.e. things that I didn't buy, but rather obtained for free)from my Nana, borrowed items from my Mother or tag sale items. And I mean all down to the furniture. I just want to encourage everyone that you can have a fabulous party on a very slim budget.

Alice Barton said... Best Blogger Tips

very cute!
i love birdcage veils!
the photos are so romantic!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...