Frock by Friday™ Sew Along on Flickr

May 3, 2010

I must say I am so impressed by all of your stitching talents! I hope it wasn't as hard as it seemed and by the looks of all of your gorgeous frocks, it wasn't.

I love all your different choices of fabric and belts! I was especially impressed by the knit dress above since the pattern warned against using knit. I think it turned out perfect and best of all....no zipper!
I loved doing this project so much! I especially loved keeping the frock in the end:) I definitely plan on doing more! If any of you have a favorite free pattern on the web just leave a comment in this post and I will take a look at it.

To see more photos go to the Grosgrain flickr group! I would also recommend posting to BurdaStyle! It gets a lot of page views.

If any of you have yet to finish your dress and would still like to be featured on Grosgrain just post your pic and I will find a day to feature more fabulous frocks!

Here's to more coffee dates!
Pattern courtesy of The Selfish Seamstress.

17 {comments}:

Emily Heizer Photography said... Best Blogger Tips

NOOOooooooooooooo! I was SO sad when you posted this already!! :( I'm not done yet! I can only sew on the weekdays (I'm a wedding photographer, so I work all weekend) so I'm still finishing up! (I mis-centered my skirt when I sewed it on, so it doesn't match up in the back right, so I'm ripping it out, and then I had to go track down a zipper last night at the 24 hour Walmart!) So I'm still working on it, but I hope to finish today! I was so hoping I'd finish before you posted everyone's! Aww, :(

But I am glad you're going to post some more another day. I hope soon!!!

I've loved this project. It's my first dress, and I'm already planning the sequel!

SA said... Best Blogger Tips

Please please do more sew alongs!! I would love to join the next one!

Jenny Lynn said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm wearking mine today!
I am hoping to post mine tonight :0
Everyone at work has loved it!!

Thank you so much for doing this. I really feel like it has taken my sewing to a new level :)

Ruhammie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the color choices that you selected for your own frock. You mentioned free patterns online...do you have any other sites you can recommend? Burda Style seemed limited. I LOVED this sew-along! I do hope you have more.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Impressive!
I would love to see your take on it:
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/62585/free-twinkle-sews-dress-pattern
There are also some free patterns under www.m-sewing.com

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

oh, then there are these free patterns: http://www.burdastyle.de/trends/suche/?q=perwoll let me know if you need help translating
And these: http://www.burdafashion.com/en/Downloads/Free/1333669-1413206.html

Ebannie said... Best Blogger Tips

YES, please do more of these!! I did not get to do this one but who's to say I cann't catch up! hehehe = )

Thank you!
Much♥

GuysGirlKnits said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I would like to make some sort of jumper next.

Jo said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I love how everyone's dresses turned out! And they have great accessorising ideas too. Thanks for hosting the sew-along, Kathleen!

Cindy said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, this is fantastic! All the dresses look so pretty. You girls did an amazing job... I'm "sew" jealous. ;)

xoxo

redspool said... Best Blogger Tips

What about the Hope Wrap Dress http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/hope-wrap-dress or Simplicity 4116 on http://www.sewingpatterns.com/sewingframe.php?mdl=http://www.printsew.com/click2print/sewingpatterns/index.php?goto=free-neu10248

redspool said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, what about your beautiful Ralph Lauren ruffle (wrap?) dress???

I've been drooling since the moment I saw it!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I just added my practice dress to your flickr group! Thanks for the week of sewing! I really had fun!

Blakeandjustinsmommy said... Best Blogger Tips

Ugh..I had problems...I never got a confirmation email from Burda style so I can't get the patterns. :(
Any suggestions?

Monica

Kirsten said... Best Blogger Tips

Another sewing project where vision and reality collided for me. I chose a plain white for the bodice and a dark grey and white patterned michael miller fabric for the skirt. Between where the bodice hit and the sharp contrast in colors it resulted in a cold sweat that nearly sent me to the gym for 24 consecutive hours. I ripped the skirt out, made a separate skirt out of it and saved the bodice. I may turn it into more of an empire waist bodice and then add the same white for the skirt. The bodice just hit me at "not quite right" place. Maybe it is denial, either way it did not make me feel fabulous as a proper frock should. I had fun making it and practiced some sewing skill for myself not my kids. TOTALLY worth it. :)

Marianne Elixir said... Best Blogger Tips

This was very, very fun. I will definitely be up for another sew-along! I fact, now that I've made a whole dress, I'll probably be up for more with or without you! (though with you was a GREAT help).
Thanks, "Scrivners"

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

I just found your blog and I absolutely love it. I also just inherited a sewing machine, so I am looking forward to attempting this dress and the next time something comes up.

Thanks for the inspiration!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...