These necklaces are ALL THE RAGE! I've seen them all over etsy and fellow bloggers who ooh and ahh over their delicate quality. Surprisingly they are REALLY simple to make. Mine took only about 10 minutes.
Necklace chain with clasp (bought at JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels)
Vintage Lace piece. Bought here or at a local fabric store.
Necklace jump rings less than 10mm (bought at JoAnn Fabrics)
1. Take your chain and measure down 3.5”. Break at that point by pulling the chain at both sides. I recommend going to Michaels for your chain. They have a lot more options. I think a nice vintage looking chain like these would work better.
2. Using fingers pry apart an opening in one of the rings and connect it to the chain.
3. Slip one end of the lace onto the ring as well. Close the opening back up with your fingers or pliers.
4. Take other side of chain that you just broke and measure down 7”. Break at that point and discard the smaller piece.
5. Attach chain and lace to the ring the same way you did in step 2 and 3.
If you wanted to get even fancier like this gorgeous piece: attach ring to lace after step 4 but add two 1” chains to the one ring that connect to another smaller piece of vintage lace then start from step 5 and finish.
And anyone who leaves a comment in this post will have a chance to win the one pictured in this post.
Create a Link