Next Week's Sneak Peak

February 5, 2010

I know I've been a little absent from sewing these past two weeks. I'm hoping you understand. It's been hard to fit sewing into my new life with baby. I think I may need to rearrange my upstairs to make a living room/sewing room so I can be with my family AND sew at the same time.

However, in the last few days between naps and kindergarten, I've been upstairs in my sewing room working on a 'coming back' Valentine's Day refashion project. It should be up by Monday. For now, here's a little sneek peak. This is the BEFORE.

I bought it at the Salvation Army for $2.50. Stay tuned next week for the 'after'.

20 {comments}:

Hashi said... Best Blogger Tips

Everybody understands your bloggy absence. Rest when you can, and enjoy your new bebe! Can't wait to see your 'after' dress!

Katherine said... Best Blogger Tips

So excited to see it! Honestly, I'm sure we're all impressed that you can blog or sew at all with two little girls and a new baby. Feel proud of yourself!

Marfa (Crafting Marfa) said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't wait to see the "after" of that dress because right now its looking kinda "Mrs. Clause". ;-)

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! I can't believe you are even able to sew at all with a new baby who has two big sisters, you are amazing! That before is pretty horrid, can't wait to see the transformation!

Rochelle Barlow said... Best Blogger Tips

are you kidding me!? you'd better rest! Who cares if you can't post fabulous clothes and creations everyday! I'm impressed and surprised that you've been posting at all! Relax, take a break, just enjoy your beautiful beautiful family! you definitely deserve it!

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips

I am surprised you are even able to write a blog post let alone sew!! I do love your refashion projects and can't wait to see the after but I will wait patiently because you do need to rest and recover :)!

SA said... Best Blogger Tips

I am just waiting to see what comes out of that dreary looking dress.I know it would be GREAT !

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

oh my goodness! I cannot wait!
I found your blog and you are the inspiration to me starting up my love for art again!!!

http://elliceinspired.blogspot.com/

Lindzie said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok...I really want to see what you can do with this. :)

Just what is a Clair? said... Best Blogger Tips

Take care and recover thouroughly! New babies, and that precious new family dynamic time is so short. You rest and enjoy all the newness. Your blog efforts are way worth the wait.:)

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips

Don't worry, it's a special time that you can't get back, so enjoy it :)

I have moved my entire sewing space upstairs, downstairs and back again multiple times... it all depends on what stage everyone is currently at!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Don't apologize to us!
Can't wait to see the "after"!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, is it sad that I like the 'before' also?
Hope you're having fun cuddling up with your new one.

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

Loving that before dress...I'm sure it'll look amazing once you're done with it! Can't wait to see the after pics!! Enjoy your blogging rest and ickle baby :D

lajamison said... Best Blogger Tips

I just had baby number 3 four and a half months ago and I can't even think of getting back into sewing like you do.
But on the other hand, I can't wait to see what you will do with this dress.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

When are the giveaway winners going to be announced?

Kylie said... Best Blogger Tips

Completly undrstand - take time to enjoy your little miss - they grow up to quickly.

Looking forward to seeing what this mass of Red becomes:)

dana said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooo, can't wait to see! I've been dreaming about a red dress to make for myself. I'm sure you'll provide some inspiration.

UmmaThreads~ Crafty Squirrel said... Best Blogger Tips

I linked too you. Ahh, it's too bad this is too big for me. I admire that you can sew. With my youngest son he didn't understand that there was anything else in his tiny world besides milk. We were connected nearly 24/7. I guess if he wasn't hungry he just needed to be near the source, LOL.

Molly said... Best Blogger Tips

1. that dress is gorgeous... i can't believe how you transformed it, you have a real talent. 2. i cannot believe you just had a baby. you look FABULOUS.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...