Multi-Colored Felted Ball Wreath Tutorial

December 15, 2009

Every Christmas I'm tempted to really change things up and instead of doing a red and green themed holiday I debate maybe doing a multi-colored themed Christmas.

But I'm not naive. I know there's a tasteful way to do this and a tacky way. In the end, my budget usually leans toward the traditional themed colors since we already have those on hand but one of these years I'm going to be brave and have a modern Christmas.

When I do this will be one of the first things on my list. Pickles makes this mod wreath tutorial.

I love it so much I can't take my eyes away. You need a lot of felted balls.

You can find felted wool balls at a reasonable price here.

I think this would go really great with white walls, hardwood floors and a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree adorned with multicolored C7 Indoor/Outdoor lights.

4 {comments}:

Welcome to Lulu's life. said... Best Blogger Tips

Wool roving can be fairly inexpensive as well. Felted balls are simple to make and a fun sit in front of the tube, mindless activity. There are tons of tutorials on how to make them. Such a cute idea.

Carissa said... Best Blogger Tips

I dream of doing a colorful modern Christmas too! With chartreuse, plum, mustard, red, pink, brown - oh the possibilities! This wreath is such an inspiration, I can see why you can't take your eyes off it!

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips

I loooove the wreath!

Lindsay Riggs said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I love this! Maybe someday I'll muster the motivation to make the balls since I don't think I want to spend $80 + on a homemade wreath!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...