Flickr Favs

December 19, 2009

I can't tell you how many wonderful photos there were on Grosgrain's Flickr this snowy Saturday morning. Too many to choose from! Many of them are fabulous entries for the Scrap Spending $50 JoAnn's Gift Card Contest.

This photo to the left is courtesy of flickr user The Trendy Tot. I loved the colors! Red, green, yellow. So punchy and bright.

The little dress below is another punchy favorite of mine. Flickr user bundlebaby/ Jennifer Painter made it for her daughter's "playdate" with Santa.

It was the first Oliver + S pattern that she had sewn and she LOVED it. The steps were very well explained and she had no trouble at all.

But the poncho would be good on a day like today.




I went to the grocery store last night and now I'm really patting myself on the back for my observant foresight, otherwise known as dumb luck.


Brian is the exact definition of a 'weather weanie'. He's been monitoring this system since Wednesday. One night he looked up at me with a spirited look on his face told me that we could have another blizzard of '96.

I hear this from him almost every year. I cynically said that it would amount to no more than 4 inches.

So far, since last night, 4 inches are lying on the ground and it's supposed to keep snowing all day. Molly woke up and looked out the window to an amazing delight!


I feel so cozy in our warm, fully stocked house knowing that we are pretty much stuck here all day. Better yet we don't have anything planned so maybe we'll just drink hot cocoa, watch Christmas movies and light a fire.

Well, all those things minus the fire. We don't have a fireplace, that would be one of the things on my Christmas List. One of those electric ones that can go anywhere. Speaking of fireplaces. I'd love to have one of these stockings hanging from my imaginary one. Anna from Noodleheads shows how to make the tutorial here. She even embroidered the names without an embroidery machine. Now that's commendable!


I also loved this great memory game tutorial courtesy of Brown Paper Packages. The best part, these won't tear or get chewed up (always a problem in our home).

I think this would make a great Christmas gift for a 2 year old. I think my daughter started playing memory at 3. But she played it very well so maybe you might have a precocious terrible twos that might like to give them a try.


Here's another great scrap spender. Also by Noodleheads. I liked these because they weren't your regular couch pillows. You don't see many bed pillow tutorials.



If you would like to be entered in the
Scrap Spending $50 JoAnn's Gift Card Contest then post a fabulous homemade gift that you created using at least 50% of materials you already own to the Grosgrain flickr group by January 1st.

1 {comments}:

Anna said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for using my pics, very honored! It made my weekend. :)

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...