A Few of my Favorite Things

December 8, 2009

I had planned on posting a really fabulous tutorial and pattern today. Then yesterday I remembered I had a parent/teacher conference. I don't think it could have been done regardless. It started out as a simple tutorial and became something much, much more. You'll see. I hope you like!

I also plan on taking the girls out on a Christmas Tree hayride for the photos. Brian is away today so we won't get to go until tomorrow. Bummer. BUT, I do plan on going on Wednesday and posting it on Thursday. I promise it's coming.

In the meantime I wanted to post some of my 'Favorite Things'. This is a little different from the 'Days of Christmas' posts as this is what I


would buy for myself, not necessarily craft related. I thought it was appropriate for Grosgrain because 90% of what is on the list is sewing or photo related.

Click on photos to be taken to the links.

In case you were wondering, I want the netipot because I'm CONSTANTLY getting sinus infections. And I want the freezer chest because I'm sick of coming home from Costco and spending a hour cutting meat, and shoving boxes into my fridge which never fit.

What are some of your favorite things?

Post a Comment

15 {comments}:

Unused Account said... Best Blogger Tips

Yopu don't want a CHEST freezer. A stand-up freezer is much better. I'm just sayin'.

AmberLee said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh. I'm so excited about the lighting recommendations. it is all such black magic to me right now. thanks!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

this is what i have on my wishlist this year. http://www.simplymodernmom.com/2009/12/fridays-5-at-5-my-christmas-wishlist/
i think you would like the letterpress machine.

Aimee Mayer said... Best Blogger Tips

Agreed about the freezer - upright is much easier to deal with!

Also - my sinus problems went away once I started eating (more) gluten free... lately I've not been sticking to the diet, but I'm still better than before :) (also, pregnancy just screws with my sinuses... bleh)

Pretty Zesty said... Best Blogger Tips

Very cool things! I like!

Georgine said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes, get an upright freezer! And a neti pot. I am also pregnant and it seems to help my dried out, inflamed sinuses.

elizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips

I just had sinus surgery and the sinus rinses are a life saver....although in my opinion the netty pot is hard to use. My recommendation is the NeilMed Sinus Rinses (around 12 bucks for 100 uses). It is a MUCH better and easier system for me.

Emma said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow...we should be friends! I loove all of those things!

And as an avid netti pot user--you must get one! Even if you gotta buy it yourself. Use a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon and just go get it! I used to get 4-6 sinus infections a year, and I just didn't like the idea of being on antibiotics all the time. So I got a neilmed sinus rinse system (very similar to netti pots...but better. You can get it all walmart or walgreens). And I haven't gotten a sick (at all--cold, sinus infection, anything) in almost a year and a half! I am a believer! :)

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I LOVE the color on that bicycle!

I've never used a netti pot- don't think I could bring myself to do it!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I had a very undo the plan day as well. I am not really sure this happens? Oh, well. You must, must, must get a NetiPot. It has saved my husband a great deal of discomfort. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Nori said... Best Blogger Tips

netipots ROCK!!!! i JUST convinced someone to go out and buy one this evening. :o)

GDC said... Best Blogger Tips

Gotta cast another vote for neti! Yes it does take some getting used to (and no it's not exactly killer party conversation) but it is definitely worth it.
Changes in diet were brought up in this thread as well - another good point. Things like this can go a long way toward stopping a sinus infection bfore it becomes chronic. Also remember that if it DOES become chronic you have options vs. traditional sinus surgery. Balloon sinuplasty is one.
Make sure you are aware of all your options!
Take care and Be Well!

dogwood said... Best Blogger Tips

I really want a commuter bike (love the color of the bike you posted) and I really really really want a gas stove.

I'm gonna have to look into the neti pot and other suggestions here in the comments.

*Sarah* said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey, I loooove the headphones too. Here is a site where it's cheaper (though I haven't looked into shipping).

http://www.acgears.com/category/ELECTRONICS_HEADPHONES/product/Zumreed_Border_Portable_Headphones.html

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

it is interesting to see how many favorites we have in common.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...