Leather Belt DIY

November 20, 2009

If you saw my most recent post, The Last Minute Frock, you might have seen the mustard belt that went with her dress. I made it in about 10 minutes. I just folded a 2 yard by 4.5" piece of knit fabric, sewed it lengthwise then turned it inside out and pressed with an iron. But you know what would have also looked good? A wide leather belt.

They don't really make fashionable belts for kids. But I think one of these that Martha made would look great with that dress too!

A good leather belt is usually somewhat expensive.
These fashionable leather belts achieve the look of a very expensive one -- for a fraction of the cost.

A good Christmas gift would be the gift of one of these belts made by you. My favorite is the one to the right.

See the tutorial here.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...