Flickr Favs

August 10, 2009

It's been so long since I've posted a flickr favs that I thought it deserved a Monday post. There were so many new and wonderful photos to choose from.


To the left is a photo from flickr user bootsieking.


She had been seeing all these great vintage looking images and thought she would give it a try.


This is a picture from a series she took of her very first homemade dress. She used an Oliver + S pattern and Alexander Henry fabric. CoffeeShop Golden Vintage helped her get this vintage feel.








This right photo is from flickr user ohsohappytogether.


Jessica made this dress for her daughter's birthday. She wanted to go for the Japanese sewing book style.


Instead she just came up with her own design and tailored it to her daughter. She embroidered/appliqued the cat on (pattern here found via One Pretty Thing). She says she doesn't do too much embroidery, but it was nice and relaxing to do a little bit. Of course, her daughter loved it. She kept pointing at the cat and the little 2's she added in with the rain since she is two now.












The photo to the left is from flickr user plumtickled
.

I love the little tops she makes! Maybe if I'm lucky she would partner up with Grosgrain to do a guest giveaway;)

This new design from Plumtickled is sure to last years and years as it is a "Grow With Me" garmet. It can be used as a Tunic right now.... and in the next few years.... it becomes a skirt!!

She had designed the bow tie to just pin on ......... take it off for a belt...... or use it as a head scarf/tie.

She designed this tunic with her daughter in mind. She dresses her in this tunic with jeans, shorts, bloomers, knee boots, leggings..... almost anything!

{As a strapless, it fits nice and snug with no worries about little slips}




The photo to the right is from flickr user limor477.


It was made using McCalls' 9369 & Burda 9708. Eeama-le added a ruffle to the bottom edge of a top that she sewed a while ago and thinks it's much cuter now.




7 {comments}:

Cristin said... Best Blogger Tips

CUTE outfits! I hope I have a girl someday! ;-) Cheers!

Krista said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, that Japanese-style dress is so darling! And that first photo has the feeling of vintage Americana.

Sweet!

Monica said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh gosh! I would love to win one of those for my niece!!!! Anyone of them PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enter me! I hope I win!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Gasp Gasp Gasp! I am such a fan of your blog and amazing creations and when I clicked to see your new post, there was my picture and of my very first dress! I really did gasp! What a way to make a great day even greater, thank you! And all the other dresses I'm hoping on over to flickr to fav right away :) Thanks again for sharing my picture!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

How sweet of you to include a dress of mine! I would absolutely love to join you for a giveaway.... how fun!

My etsy shop: www.plumtickled.etsy.com

Just send a convo/email and we'll get it all set up!

*Love the dresses you included... so talented!!

Judi

Dena said... Best Blogger Tips

Each of these yound ladies are precious!

decorative fabrics said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG!!! These are very lovely dresses!! All of it will be very perfect for my little sister. LOL!!!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...