The problem....I had NOTHING to go with it. Not a single off-white, a-length skirt in my entire closet.
I thought this would be an easy fix. A simple skirt wouldn't take longer than an hour to sew. I went down to the fabric store and instead found a very unique material with clusters of thread that reminded me of milkweed.
So, rather than selfishly hoard the material for myself I decided to use the material for a Grosgrain skirt and feature the F21 top with the new material.
The skirt has two layers. The top is a gauzy, lacey fabric. As I mentioned before it has tiny embroidered clusters that remind me of dandelion flowers.
The bottom layer is an off-white linen material with a gathered ruffle sewn into the bottom.
We didn't have any milkweeds in our yard but it also had the look of dandelions in their puffball form which we had in droves.
The hardest part of this shoot was definitely taking the armchair and ottoman outside. Admittedly Brian did most of the grunt work but it made me tired just to see him struggle.
I had the difficult task of picking the danelions and bringing out the props. If you were wondering, Brian bought the antique book for Lily a couple years ago. It's by Edward Lear and has all his macabre lymerics and creepy illustrations. I had to censor some to suit Lily.
I made this skirt to fit low on my waist so I would say this skirt could fit a size 2-8.
As usual, if you would like a chance to win this skirt just link back to this post. If you have any questions see the "questions and answers" link to the right. If you use blogger just use the "create a link" link at the bottom of this post. If you don't use blogger, that's fine too. Just create a link on your page as you normally would and I will see it using Technorati.
Create a Link