Polka Dot Party Frock

June 24, 2008

My littlest little baby has just turned one. I just can't believe it. It's so strange how they go from baby to toddler in just a year's time. For her birthday, I had wanted to sew this dress in time for the little party we had on Sunday but got so busy with the darn cake that I had none to spare for the frock. But that didn't mean I was going to turn my back on this polka dotted piece. The material used is very sheer like chiffon but probably more along the lines of rayon. I finished the edges by binding them in brown thread. I had wanted to use a modern blue and green floral pattern but had to settle for what I could find.











We are still having a double birthday bash for both girls in July. I suppose she can wear it then....unless I sew a new, more exciting dress by then. Oh whatever, it was fun taking the photo....aaaand at least she didn't get double chocolate fudge birthday cake all over it.










15 {comments}:

lera said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy birthday to the little one!

Such a sweet dress. It looks nice and airy and cool for a warm summer day.

Kellie H said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday lil M! Time does fly, huh? My little girl will be 2 in August =( I love the polka dots dress to go with her cake...I made a pink cake last year with polka dots too. I love how yours turned out! I remember the time spent on it too!!! lol

MA said... Best Blogger Tips

Wonderful, you sew beautiful clothes. Are they all your own design? You also have a lovely blog - thank you!

Sarah and Jack said... Best Blogger Tips

Hapde Burfday to your beautiful babe!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

That birthday outfit takes the cake! It is so darn cute! I simply love it. You have such style and the photos are wonderful! She is of course delightfully pretty and sweet in this chiffon concoction! Well done - again!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I think the dress is darling ... love it. Wish it came in my size.

Dawn Elizableth said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Happy Birthday and what a lovely dress! Love the fabric and how you worked the edges!!

Tab said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, happy birthday little one. And that dress is just adorable. The colors are divine!

Rebecca Ramsey said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy B-day, little sweetie!
And how lucky you are to have such a creative talented mommy!
Becky

Erin Neiner said... Best Blogger Tips

How adorably fun! I LOVE going all out for the kiddos birthday. I also did green & brown for my little one's 1st bday last year since his room is in those colors. I love the vintage yet mod feel in this dress. AND, pray-tell where did you get OR how did you make that perfectly adorable party hat????????? :)

p.s. THANKS for visiting my blog. I thought I found a good thing in grosgrain...until I hit the mother-load in TUMTUM tree!!! So glad I have found you...and that we're "friends!" :) I shall be back!

Leslie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a huge fan of polka dots. This is cute

Mel said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the color, it looks great on her. Happy Birthday!
My baby will be 2 this fall... it is amazing how they grow.

Lovely Little Lovelies said... Best Blogger Tips

could you tell me how you finished the edges on the dress? did you do it with a serger? I hope not considering I don't own a serger. I love the look of the edges but I'm clueless on how to do it. Any advice would be appreciated.

xo

Lorie said... Best Blogger Tips

I need this dress!! Do you sell the clotehs you make?

Abby said... Best Blogger Tips

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...